The executive committee is delighted to invite you to the
9th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad
Hoc Communications and Networks (SECON), 2012.
The conference will be held in Seoul, Korea
between June 18-21, 2012.
IEEE SECON provides a forum to exchange ideas,
techniques, and applications, discuss best practices, raise awareness, and share experiences
among researchers, practitioners, standards developers and policy makers working in sensor, ad
hoc, and mesh networks and systems.
The conference will provide collegiality and continuity in the discussions of the various
topics among participants from the industrial, governmental and academic sectors.
Original technical papers on the communications, networking, applications, systems and algorithmic
aspects of mesh and sensor networks, as well as those that describe practical deployment and
implementation experiences are solicited for presentation and publication.
- June 19, 2012: Best paper award:
- Best paper:
The Time-keeping Anomaly of Energy-saving Sensors: Manifestation, Solution, and a Structural Monitoring Case Study
Parya Moinzadeh, Kirill A. Mechitov, Reza Shiftehfar, Tarek Abdelzaher, Gul Agha, Billie Spencer (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA)
- Honorable mentions:
Online Learning for Combinatorial Network Optimization with Restless Markovian Rewards
Yi Gai, Bhaskar Krishnamachari (University of Southern California, USA); Mingyan Liu (University of Michigan, USA)
Improving coverage prediction for primary multi-transmitter networks operating in the TV whitespaces
Andreas Achtzehn, Janne Riihijarvi, Guilberth Martinez Vargas, Marina Petrova, Petri Mahonen (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
- June 19, 2012: Best demo award:
- Best demo:
E-Gesture - A Collaborative Architecture for Energy-efficient Gesture
Recognition with Hand-worn Sensor and Mobile Devices
Taiwoo Park, Jinwon Lee, Inseok Hwang, Chungkuk Yoo (KAIST, Republic
of Korea), Lama Nachman (Intel Labs, Santa Clara, USA), Junehwa Song
(KAIST, Republic of Korea)
- Honorable mentions:
ExerLink - Enabling Pervasive Social Exergames with Heterogeneous
Taiwoo Park, Inseok Hwang, Uichin Lee (KAIST, Republic of Korea),
Sunghoon Ivan Lee (University of California at Los Angeles, USA),
Chungkuk Yoo, Youngki Lee, Hyukjae Jang, Sungwon Peter Choe, Souneil
Park, Bup-Jae Lee, Junehwa Song (KAIST, Republic of Korea)
Biomimetic Fish Robot Controlling System by using Underwater Acoustic Signal
Sardorbek Muminov, Nam-Yeol Yun, Seung-Won Shin, Soo-Hyun Park
(Kookmin University, Republic of Korea), Jun-Ho Jeon, Tae-Hee Won,
Chang-Gi Hong, Sung-Joon Park, Chang-Hwa Kim, Gi-Hun Yang
(Gangneung-Wonju National University, Republic of Korea), Hyeun-Seok
Choi, Young-Sun Ryuh (Korea Institute of Industrial Technology,
Republic of Korea)
- June 19, 2012: Best poster award:
- Best poster: Pragmatic Low-Power Interoperability: ContikiMAC vs TinyOS LPL
JeongGil Ko (Johns Hopkins University), Nicolas Tsiftes (Swedish Institute of Computer Science), Adam Dunkels (Swedish Institute of Computer Science)
- Honorable mention: Detection and Mitigation of Pollution Attack in Wireless Network Coding: Physical Layer Approach
Sang Wu Kim (Iowa State University)
- June 12, 2012: Local information page is updated.
- June 12, 2012: N2Women Lunch Event updated.
- June 5, 2012: ALL ATTENDEES REQUIRING VISAS MUST APPLY FOR A TOURIST VISA.
- June 5, 2012: Some more local information added.
- May 31, 2012: Thanks to KT for their silver-level patronage!
- May 31, 2012: Hotel reservations deadline has been extended to 6/4/12.
- May 31, 2012: Applications for the Student Mentor Program are online. Deadline is 6/6/12.
- May 18, 2012: Accepted Posters and Demos have been added.
- May 4, 2012: Conference schedule-at-a-glance has been added. Also, check out updated info on our Keynotes and Panels.
- May 2, 2012: Thanks to INRIA for their silver-level patronage!
- April 30, 2012: Deadline for demos and posters extended to May 6.
- April 28, 2012: Reminders- student travel grants due April 30. Poster/demo submissions due April 29.
- April 19, 2012:Link to book hotel added.
- April 10, 2012: Student travel info posted.
- March 26, 2012: Registration info posted.
- March 26, 2012: Technical Program released.
- March 20, 2012: Call for Posters and Demos released. Deadline 4/29.
- March 16th, 2012: Thanks to IBM Research for their silver-level patronage!
- Feb 9th, 2012: Thanks to ETRI and Samsung for their
- Feb 3rd, 2012: Kang Shin, Professor of Computer Science at The University of Michigan, will be a keynote speaker.
- Jan 12th, 2012: Korea is a great place to have a conference! Check out the Local Information page.
- Dec 21st, 2011: Thanks to HP (Gold Patron) and KEPCO (Silver Patron)
- Dec 7th, 2011: Submission deadline extended to
- July 11th, 2011: Conference website is up!
December 1, 2011, 23:59 EST
December 8, 2011, 23:59 EST
March 19, 2012
Camera Ready Due:
April 16, 2012
PAST IEEE SECON CONFERENCES